When you’re on the inside looking out, it’s sometimes good to remember that we live in paradise here in Florida, where natural beauty is all around us. If we’re wise enough to recognize and appreciate this beauty from time to time, it moves us more to preserve what we have. We got another reminder of that this past week.
With our Clean Air designation, comes another distinction that we in Florida sometimes overlook: we have among the best beaches in the country. It was made official again this past week, with Florida garnering honors for six of the Top 10 beaches in the U.S.
The latest TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards shows Siesta Beach near Sarasota has reclaimed the #1 beach title from Clearwater Beach. With a prime location on the Gulf Coast and a long sugar sand stretch of beach to run, play, and relax at your will, Siesta Beach was once again unmatched – but followed closely by St. Pete Beach.
Here’s the complete list of best beaches in the country.
- Siesta Beach, Siesta Key, Florida
- Saint Pete Beach, St. Pete Beach, Florida
- Ka’anapali Beach, Lahaina, Hawaii
- Pensacola Beach, Pensacola Beach, Florida
- Clearwater Beach, Clearwater, Florida
- Cannon Beach, Cannon Beach, Oregon
- Hollywood Beach, Hollywood, Florida
- Panama City Beach, Panama City Beach, Florida
- Litchfield Beach, Pawleys Island, South Carolina
- Napili Beach, Lahaina, Hawaii
(We note that St. Augustine Beach, Florida came in 11th!)
We truly have paradise looking out our back doors. If you make the time to take a trip to any of our top beaches, you’ll be grateful you did! And most definitely if you come to a beach in North Florida, please join us for some Southern hospitality. Here’s looking out for you!
See you on the trail,
LMA Newsletter of 3-9-20